|Djembe Repair: - Skin Replacement $99.00
||Our skin replacement service includes the following:
- Skin Selection: Based on your instruments size and wood texture, we select the appropriate hide.
- Hair removal: All hair is shaved, from the skin surface
- Wood Patching, Repair, and Rim Adjustments:We often discover minor wood repairs that result in improved tone and frequency once repaired. To reasonable limits we include such repairs in our cost.
- Tightening:Using a two or three ring system (depending on your instruments initial construction) we use the existing rope on your instrument to create the necessary tension to produce the unique Djembe sound.
- Tuning:Initial tuning of your instrument is included in the price. Ongoing tuning is the responsibility of the instrument owner, and is necessary to ensure a high quality of sound.
Our policy for all repair work is 100% payment upfront including return shipping costs.
For an additional fee, Baile’s African Drum Works will replace your existing rope with new rope of equal or higher quality. Rope selection is subject to stock availability.
- Fill out the Djembe Skin Replacement Order Form.
- Check your form for any errors.
- Once Satisfied Ship your package.
- Using our website, you can check on the status of your instrument.